Useful and effective tips for new teachers
The most furious things that are particularly alarming about new Local Tutors in Kolkata is management of the environment. Such management involves two intriguing aspects. One is the management of student behavior while the other is to do with physical learning environment. Both of these are ongoing concerns for a teacher. The strategies also form important counterpart.
Let us have a detailed discussion about the entire gamut:
- Establishing efficient climate:
Normally, a new home tutor finds hard in managing behavioral pattern. But it is inevitable. Therefore it is desired that the teacher starts with a controlled aspect and open up to activity in a slow and steady manner. The new teacher will like if the teaching environment is in neat and clean condition and so also for the desks. Normally, most of us do not feel embarrassed much with clutter, but there should be some sort of order. Girls normally like fragrances and presence of flower in the study desk may prove energizing for a new lady tutor.
- Conducting of classes:
While streamlining the procedures, other things relevant for the students are required to be communicated properly. Efficiently offered training provides motivation. It enables students to focus on their work. Appropriate focusing accentuates discipline in the entire environment.
- Streamlining of procedures:
It requires clinching to some procedures that include:
The teacher for private tuition has to set long term goals and keep those in mind while planning the tasks for every day
- Call the student by name
- Make complete grip of the situation
- Student’s attention is to be called for before assigning a new task or at the commencement of a new activity
- The student will be provided with new assignments before collection of the earlier one.
- When a task is under progress, the private tutor finds scope to observe the attitude of the student.
- Make proper choice of words free from ambiguous questions. It is needed for keeping the standard at the desired level
- Reaching to students:
Private tutors can opt for several strategies while reaching out to the students. It is needed to ensure that the student feels interested in the learning process and stay motivated too.There are proven techniques to help them
The voice should be delivered in neither fast mode nor high-pitched tone. Facial expression and body language play important role in teaching. Therefore try to be animated in delivery. It is also needed that you move around the room.
- Encouraging students:
It is the duty of private tutors to make students believe they are their top well-wisher; accomplishment of work should be managed with seriousness. Make you befriended with student. This can be done by adding humor to students. It is also imperative that you don’t discriminate between them.
- Applying effective teaching techniques:
Teaching strategies or combination of strategies entirely depends on the situation. The student should be allowed with a specific time for preparation to answer a question. Students expect and deserve praise after correct answering. Fulfill the expectation every time. Make regular check of the comprehension to see that the students understand your contents.Establishment of discipline:
While an atmosphere of consistency and mutual honor has been developed between a home tutor and the student, disciplinary issues are automatically vanished thereby creating an ambient of apathy. Some techniques are advised in this context:
- Follow an uniformity in behavior and statements
- Adopt an effective mean to appease students. Dimming of lights, playing soothing musical tones, putting a problem on board or a brainteaser have successfully worked in the past.
- Do not pose any threat to students as it is hard to carry through.
- Tackle all behavioral issues in the class at the beginning. You need to intervene whenever any such issue is witnessed or reported to you.
- Avoid scolding in the classroom. Experts suggest that rebuking a student demoralize him/her to a great extent. It is better if you call the student to your private chamber and warn him/her about the probable consequences of the deeds.
- Demand appropriate attention from the students when there is a discussion about an educationally useful media presentation.
- Do not ever tolerate any misbehavior in the classroom.